Christmas Craft Idea: How to Make a Nativity Scene
This printable nativity scene is such a fun nativity craft for kids! Young children will have so much fun colouring these nativity scene cutouts and then putting together their simple nativity scene.
Let’s build your own nativity scene using a handful of craft supplies and our nativity scene template. This is the perfect nativity craft for preschoolers who are learning about the first Christmas. All you need to do is follow these easy instructions to create your own nativity scene! No additional tools are required.
Use the following materials for this project:
- Ordinary paper (use it to print out our templates with Mary, Joseph, lamb etc)
- Hard paper to make the background of the Nativity Scene (you can use a cardboard package, cereal box, or watercolor paper)
- Felt pens (to color nativity figures)
- Paints (to color the background)
- Cardboard (to make the holder)
Follow the below steps:
- Download and print out our templates on ordinary printing paper.
- After that, glue them onto the cardboard sheet or cut them out to use them as a template to draw the circles on the cardboard sheets. Download the templates here.
- Cut out the circles and color them with paints.
- Color and cut out all nativity figures with felt pens. Use your favourite art materials and colour in all the characters you’d like to add to you scene.
5. Take the cut elements and glue them one by one to the cardboard sheets. Use our ideas to inspired.
6. Take any cardboard box you have at home (like a pizza box), and cut out the base for your Christmas craft.
7. Put the your own Nativity Scene on the holder, place the sheets one after another – from the biggest circle to the smallest one.